As of 1st April 2023, Brook is no longer delivering clinical services for young people in Southwark.
- Drug and alcohol support services will continue to be provided by Change Grow Live.
- You can use Sexual Health London for STI home testing and contraception.
- Please use Brook’s Find a Service tool to find the next nearest clinic to you or visit your GP.
There are lots of reasons why young people start using drugs or alcohol. Whether it’s through curiosity or experimentation, they can play a big role but it’s important that decisions made during this time don’t have a negative impact on the rest of your life.
If you think you, or a friend has a problem with drugs or alcohol it is never too late to get help and make positive changes. HYP Southwark is here to support you if you have any concerns about drugs and alcohol.
Signs of someone who may have a drug or alcohol problem
- Mood changes
- Behaviour changes
- Not doing well at school or work
- Unusual sleeping patterns
- Rapid weight loss or gain
- Confusion or being disorientated
- Bloodshot eyes
- Changing friendship groups
Find out more about the signs of a drug or alcohol problem on the CGL website.
Take the drugs or alcohol self-assessment quiz on the CGL website and see if you have a problem:
How to get help
If you think you or a friend has a problem with drugs or alcohol you should seek support as soon as you can. Some people can manage their problem on their own but for others there is lots of support available:
- Group or one-to-one support sessions
- Special drug and/or alcohol programmes
- Peer support
- Learn how to prevent relapse
Find out more about the support CGL offers by going to their website.
If you are a young person aged 10 to 24 and would like to access support you can find information about services in Find a Service.
If you are a professional looking to refer a young person to HYP Southwark please go to our referrals and support page.
Watch the video below to find out how HYP Southwark can help: